The Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) is an Act that regulates the processing of personal data in regards to commercial transactions.
The PDPA takes into account the following concepts :
- Consent – Organisations may collect, use or disclose personal data only with the individual’s knowledge and consent.
- Purpose – Organisations may collect, use or disclose personal data in an appropriate manner for the circumstances, and only if they have informed the individual of purposes for the collection, use or disclosure.
- Reasonableness – Organisations may collect, use or disclose personal data only for purposes that would be considered appropriate to a reasonable person in the given circumstances.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA)
1. What are the information that Appsaya collect and how do we use it?
Appsaya doesn’t make money from ads. So we don’t collect data in order to advertise to you. The tracking we do at Appsaya is to make our platform work as well as possible. In order to give you the best possible experience using Appsaya, we collect information from your interactions with our network. Some of this information, you actively tell us (such as your email address, which we use to create your account or communicate with you). Other information, we collect based on actions you take while using Appsaya, such as your interactions with our product features (like book a meeting, favourite, and reschedule). This information includes records of those interactions, your Internet Protocol address, information about your device (such as device or browser type).
We use this information to:
- provide, test, improve, promote and personalize Appsaya Services
- fight spam and other forms of abuse
- generate aggregate, non-identifying information about how people use Appsaya Services
When your Appsaya account is created, and authenticate with a third-party service (eg: social network account) we may collect, store, and periodically update information associated with that third-party account, such as your lists of friends or followers. We will never publish through your third-party account without your permission.
2. Will any information be disclosed to third party?
Appsaya won’t transfer information about you to third parties for the purpose of providing or facilitating third-party advertising to you. We won’t sell information about you. We may share your account information with third parties in some circumstances, including: (1) with your consent; (2) to a service provider or partner who meets our data protection standards; (3) when we have a good faith belief it is required by law, such as pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process; (4) when we have a good faith belief that doing so will help prevent imminent harm to someone.
If we are going to share your information in response to legal process, we’ll give you notice so you can challenge it (for example by seeking court intervention), unless we’re prohibited by law or believe doing so may endanger others. We will object to requests for information about users of our services that we believe are improper.
3. How does Appsaya store the data?
Appsaya uses third-party vendors and hosting partners, for hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology we need to run Appsaya. We maintain two types of logs: server logs and event logs. By using Appsaya Services, you authorize Appsaya to transfer, store, and use your information in Malaysia and any other country where we operate.
4. Does Appsaya track our activities using the service?
We use browser cookies and similar technologies to recognize you when you return to our Services. We use them in various ways, for example to log you in, remember your preferences (such as default language), evaluate email effectiveness, allow our paywall and meter to function, and personalize content and other information.
Appsaya doesn’t track you across the Internet. We track only your interactions within the Appsaya network (which encompasses Appsaya.com and custom domains hosted by Appsaya).
5. Can you access, modify, export your personal information or delete your account?
If you have an Appsaya account, you can access, modify or request for an export of your personal information, or request to delete your account. To protect information from accidental or malicious destruction, we may maintain residual copies for a brief time period. But, if you delete your account, your information and content will be unrecoverable after that time. Appsaya may preserve and maintain copies of your information when required to do so by law.
6. How does Appsaya ensure Data Security?
We use encryption (HTTPS/TLS) to protect data transmitted to and from our site. However, no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure, so we cannot guarantee security. You use the Service at your own risk, and you are responsible for taking reasonable measures to secure your account.
7. What happens in case of any business transfer?
8. What are the types of emails that is sent by Appsaya?
Sometimes we will send you emails about your account, service changes or new policies. You cannot opt out of this type of “transactional” email (unless you delete your account). But, you can opt out of non-administrative emails such as digests, newsletters, and activity notifications.
When you interact with an email sent from Appsaya (such as opening an email or clicking on a particular link in an email), we may receive information about that interaction. We will not email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive such an email, please send it to us so we can investigate.
9. Can you request for access to your personal data?
Yes, Appsaya will provide you with the access to your personal data stored in our servers.
10. Can Appsaya deny your request to access your personal data?
Appsaya can only deny your request to access your personal data when there is insufficient information to confirm your identity.
11. Does Appsaya have a Privacy Notice?
12. How does Appsaya safeguard your personal data?
We take steps to protect your personal data by maintaining physical and logical security measures in order to ensure that all information and IT systems are adequately protected from a variety of threats.
13. How long does Appsaya retain your personal data?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as its necessary to fulfil the purpose(s) for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory and internal requirements.
14. Does Appsaya send your personal data overseas? If yes, why is it necessary to send overseas?
In some cases Appsaya may transfer clients’ personal data to places outside of Malaysia when it is required to provide clients with the services that they have requested for and for the performance of any contractual obligations Appsaya has with its clients.
15. Does the PDPA cover personal data transferred to those foreign entities?
By using Appsaya Services, you authorize Appsaya to transfer, store, and use your information in Malaysia and any other country where we operate. Where your data is disclosed to our processors, it is subject by contract to at least the same level of data protection as that set out in this statement.
Appsaya may periodically update this FAQ. We’ll notify you about significant changes to it. We welcome feedback about this policy at email@example.com