NOTICE UNDER THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010
Protecting your privacy is very important for Appsaya. Below you will find some useful information about the policy of Ap Saya Technologies Sdn. Bhd. and its website www.appsaya.com (hereinafter the “Website”) relating to the processing of your personal data.
The Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (the “Act”), which regulates the processing of personal data in commercial transactions, applies to AppSaya (“our”, “us” or “we”). For the purpose of this written notice (“Notice”), the terms “personal data” and “processing” shall have the same meaning as prescribed in the Act.
This Notice serves to inform you that your personal data is being processed by us or on our behalf when you use our services in relation to the Appsaya website (“Site”) and related applications (“Services”)
Your personal data includes:
- Personal details (such as name, age, gender, identity card number, passport number, date of birth, ethnicity, language, nationality);
- Contact details (such as company name, address, email, phone number);
- Social media details (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn);
- Other information that you voluntarily choose to provide to us including unique identifiers such as passwords, and personal data in communications and correspondence emails or letters that you send to us; and
- Additional personal or other information that may be relevant for us to consider your request for any of our other products.
You consent to the processing of your personal data for purposes which include but are not limited to the following:
- To enable proper use of the various features of the website;
- For browsing comfort of our website visitors and users;
- To facilitate our interactions with you;
- To provide you with the relevant services;
- To contact you when necessary or requested;
- For compliance with legal and regulatory obligations;
- To send you electronic announcements and newsletters that we think will interest you;
- For internal record keeping;
- For internal investigations, audit or security purposes;
- To produce statistical reports, collectively or at individual data level, for corporate reporting, research works and publications;
- To manage of unpaid amounts and litigation
- To use statistical information that we collect in any way permitted by law, including from third parties in connection with their commercial and marketing efforts;
- To promote the Services and services provided by our related corporations, including providing you with information about our other services;
- To manage the opinions of people on the services and contents
- For analysis for statistical, profiling or other purposes for us to conduct category analysis, financial analysis, investigate service lapses, and to review, develop and improve the quality of our products and services; and
Such other purposes directly related to the foregoing (collectively, “Purposes”).
Generally, your personal data was, is being or is to be collected:
- When you use the Services’ interactive tools and services, such as searching for solutions and features, and signing in to your profile;
- When you voluntarily provide information in free-form text boxes through the Services and through responses to surveys, questionnaires and the like;
- If you download and install certain applications and software we make available, we may receive and collect information transmitted from your computing device for the purpose of providing you the relevant Services, such as information which notifies us know when you are logged on and available to receive update or alert notices;
- Through cookies on the Site, and website analytics services and other tracking technology; and
When you use the “Contact Us” function on the Site, send us an email or otherwise contact us.
You are responsible for ensuring that the information you provide us is accurate, complete, not misleading and is kept up to date. If you fail to supply us any of your personal data which is not stated as being voluntarily provided to us, we may refuse to process your personal data for any of the Purposes and you will not be able to use the Services.
We may require your assistance if the personal data relating to other persons is required to process your personal data for the Purposes and you hereby agree to use your best endeavors to assist us when required.
You have the right to request access to and to request correction of your personal data and to contact us with any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data (including the possible choices and means for limiting the processing of your personal data) through the Site or Application or as follows:
The Personal Data Protection Officer
Email address: pdpo (at) appsaya.com
Telephone no: +603 8408 2030
In accordance with the Act:
- We may charge a prescribed fee for processing your request for access or correction; and
- We may refuse to comply with your request for access or correction to your personal data and if we refuse to comply with such request, we will inform you of our refusal and reason for our refusal.
We disclose or may disclose your personal data for the Purposes to our related corporations, your employers (where applicable), our business partners, our service providers, governmental departments and/or agencies, regulatory and/or statutory bodies and any such third party requested or authorized by you or as may be required in law.
We may transfer your personal data to a place outside Malaysia for any of the Purposes.
We reserve the right to amend this Notice at any time and will place notice of such amendments on the Site or via any other mode that we view suitable.
Nothing in this Notice shall limit your rights or our rights under the Act.
In the event of any inconsistency between the English version and any other languages of this Notice, the English version shall prevail over any other languages.